For international students and newcomers landing in Toronto, living alone in a new country can be an exciting yet daunting experience. It can be difficult to navigate a new culture, language and social norms while also adjusting to a new living situation. Finding a place to stay can cause you a headache and somehow, a feeling of homesick about your home country.
Don’t worry we are here to offer a supportive and comfortable environment to help ease the transition and make the most out of the experience before you can find a long-term place and get used to the vibrant and friendly Toronto.
But first, what can you learn about living alone without your family whilst being out of your comfort zone? Don’t be panic, it will be a smoothie experience.
- Self-discovery: Living alone in a temporary rental allows you to learn more about yourself. You’ll have more time out of your familiar zone, discover who you really are, reflect your values, goals, interests, and can develop your stronger sense of self.
- Confidence: Living alone can help you develop courage to handle unpleasant issues on your own in your own way and abilities. When you have to take care of yourself and your living space, you will also learn to trust your gut and decisions. It is the opportunity to face the problems but with your problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills: Whether you stay in a private space or not, living in a temporary rental can give you a chance to meet multicultural people and build relationships.
- Cultural awareness: Canada is a country where equity, diversity and inclusion are well-respected. People freely express themselves without fearing of judgment. This can help broaden your worldview and increase your cultural awareness.
- Time management: When living alone, you’ll need to learn how to manage your time effectively. This means prioritizing your responsibilities, setting goals and staying organized.
- Self-reliance: You are assured to learn how to cook, clean and manage your finances on your own.
- Your sixth sense on the radar mode: Listening to your body and emotions is extremely crucial when you are by yourself. Nobody knows better than you but you have a community who is always willing to help you. Don’t forget to stay connected with your friends and family and new networks, yet to be cautious with evil scams, robberies, etc.
At Toronto Furnished Living, we understand that finding affordable, comfortable and convenient temporary accommodation can be a challenge for international students and newcomers to Toronto. That’s why we offer fully furnished apartments that are designed to provide a home-away-from-home experience. Our apartments are in prime locations across downtown, midtown, North York and Scarborough, making it easy for students to access public transportation and explore the city.
Our team is always available to answer any questions or concerns that may arise during your stay, ensuring that you feel supported and secure. Moreover, we offer a range of amenities to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable, including high-speed internet, cable TV, a fully equipped kitchen, laundry facilities and more. We strive to create a welcoming and inclusive community for our guests, where they can build connections and relationships with people from all over the world.
At Toronto Furnished Living, our goal is to provide international students and newcomers with a stress-free and enjoyable temporary living experience. We are committed to offering affordable and comfortable housing solutions that allow students and newcomers to focus on their studies and settling into their new life in Toronto.