OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
This Privacy Statement has been adopted by Toronto Furnished Living Inc. in order to demonstrate our commitment to the protection of individual privacy. The following discloses the personal information collection, use and disclosure practices of Toronto Furnished Living Inc.
For the purposes of this Statement, “personal information” means information that is personally identifiable to individuals.
HOW AND WHEN TORONTO FURNISHED LIVING INC. COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Toronto Furnished Living Inc. collects personal information in order to effectively manage residential units (including condominium units and apartments) and in order to solicit such business. This information is collected through application forms and transaction documents. This information is collected from residential lease applicants, tenants and unit owners, condominium declarants (or their professional advisors), and from management companies in situations where management of existing units are transferred to Toronto Furnished Living Inc. Personal information of prospective tenants in units managed by Toronto Furnished Living Inc. is also collected from credit reporting agencies. Personal information includes contact information (for example, name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number), demographic information, household information, emergency contact, vehicle information and financial information.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY TORONTO FURNISHED LIVING Inc.
2. Toronto Furnished Living Inc. uses personal information that it collects to manage the rental of residential units, to communicate with individuals, and to understand individual needs and preferences.
Toronto Furnished Living Inc. may, from time to time, contact individuals by electronic format, regular mail or telephone for any of the purposes set out above.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY TORONTO FURNISHED LIVING Inc.
3. Toronto Furnished Living Inc. will not knowingly disclose personal information to any third parties except in the following circumstances:
- When Toronto Furnished Living Inc. has received consent to do so or under limited circumstances specifically described at such time as personal information is collected;
- When Toronto Furnished Living Inc., in good faith, believes the law permits or requires such disclosure;
- To its agents and professional advisors for the purpose of collection of rents, fees, realty taxes, common expenses and any other assessments or charges levied by condominium corporations and for the purpose of enforcement of agreements;
- To the particular condominium corporation, members of its Board of Directors and those attending a meeting of the Directors of the particular condominium corporation for the purpose of fulfilling its responsibilities as a rental management company;
- In the event that management of a particular residential unit is transferred to another management company, Toronto Furnished Living Inc. may disclose personal information of owners and tenants of such condominium property to such management company;
- In the event of the sale of Toronto Furnished Living Inc., personal information may be one of the transferred business assets.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY TORONTO FURNISHED LIVING Inc.
4. At such time as personal information is no longer required for the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement or other statutory requirements, such personal information will be made anonymous or destroyed.
WEB SITES OPERATED BY THIRD PARTIES
5. Web sites operated by Toronto Furnished Living Inc. may contain links to other web sites that may collect personal information. This Statement does not extend to the data collection, disclosure, use and retention practices of such third parties and Toronto Furnished Living Inc. does not assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of such third parties. Individuals should read the privacy policies of such third parties, and make an informed decision whether or not to visit such web sites and/or provide personal information to such third parties based upon their privacy practices and individual discretion.
SAFEGUARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
6. Toronto Furnished Living Inc. has taken measures to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information as are appropriate in the circumstances. Personal information is stored in confidential databases and locations in the Greater Toronto Area. These sites have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under the care and control of Toronto Furnished Living Inc. Any information transmitted via the Internet, however, may be intercepted by third parties. Toronto Furnished Living Inc. does not assume any liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet. Toronto Furnished Living Inc. employees are restricted from using and disclosing personal information collected by Toronto Furnished Living Inc. other than in accordance with this Statement.
7. “Cookies” and How Our Company Uses Them.
If you are a Visitor we may use a cookie to save your settings and to provide customizable and personalized services. These cookies do not enable third parties to access any of your customer information.
ACCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
8. Individuals have the right to access, verify and correct or amend all of their personal information collected by Toronto Furnished Living Inc. We believes that it is imperative that personal information be as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. Accordingly, to help Toronto Furnished Living Inc. keep personal information as current as possible, Toronto Furnished Living Inc. encourages individuals to amend inaccuracies and make corrections in their personal information collected by us, on behalf of our clients, as often as necessary.
HOW TO FILE A COMPLAINT
9. To file a complaint with Toronto Furnished Living Inc. concerning the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information, please send an email to the Privacy Officer at Toronto Furnished Living Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 647-869-2790
All complaints will be investigated by the Toronto Furnished Living Inc. Privacy Officer as soon as is practical in the circumstances. Individuals will be notified of the outcome of the investigation of complaints clearly and promptly and will be notified of any relevant steps taken or to be taken as a result of a complaint.
COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
Any comments or questions about this Statement, should be addressed to Toronto Furnished Living Inc. as follows:
Toronto Furnished Living Inc.
12 Hopecrest cres
Scarborough, Ontario M1K 2K4
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 647-869-2790